PMAR is committed to honoring the privacy of its users. The PMAR web site WWW.PMAR.ORG (the Site) adheres to a strict policy for ensuring the privacy of your personal information. This Policy is effective as of 5/25/2007 and applies to information collected through the Site.
- Information Collection. PMAR collects information at the Site at two different stages. First, we collect from all visitors anonymous, aggregate information (such as pages visited on the Site, browser type, referring URL, IP address). This type of information is never linked to any personally identifiable information. It is only used in the aggregate to generate statistical reports about the use of the Site in order to make the Site better meet your needs.Second, we require the submission of certain personally identifiable information when you use services available on the Site. For example, we require submission of your NRDS unique id to log on to the member portion of our site.
- Personal Information of Children Under 13. PMAR complies with requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the FTC’s Rule interpreting COPPA (16 CFR 512). The Site is not directed to children, and PMAR does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age through the Site.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure. PMAR does not sell, rent or share personally identifiable information to or with anyone. Aggregate Information is used solely for internal purposes to help us improve our users experience. We do not link aggregate information with personally identifiable information.
- Log Files. We store information we collect through log files to create a profile of our users. Log files record internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, internet service providers (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp and number of clicks (Aggregate Information) to analyze trends, administer the Site, track a customers movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Aggregate Information is not linked to personally identifiable information. A profile is stored information detailing how individual customers use the site. It is used solely for internal purposes, to help us improve the experience of our customers. We do not share your profile with any third parties.
- Disclosure of Personal Information As Required by Law. PMAR will disclose site user personal information when required by law or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on PMAR.
- Links. The Site contains links to other sites. PMAR is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these other sites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the Site. We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
- Security. PMAR takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect your information. However, given the nature of the Internet and the fact that network security measures are not infallible, we cannot guarantee the security of information submitted through the Site.We also make an off-line effort to protect your information. We make commercially reasonable efforts to restrict access to personally identifiable information to employees who need the information to perform a specific job. We maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
- Policy Changes. PMAR reserves the right to make, at our sole discretion, any changes, modifications, additions or deletions to all or portions of this Policy at any time. We recommend you review this Policy frequently. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you here, by email or by means of a notice on our home page.