OAR: At Home With Diversity® Certification Course
This class is being hosted by the Oregon Association of Realtors®.
*To earn the At Home with Diversity Certification you must attend the 1 days course, pass the exam, be an active member with NAR, pay a $75 application fee. Read more here.
This class will be held on Zoom from 1pm to 4pm on August 24th and August 25th. It is required to attend both 3-hour sessions in order to get CE.
Please note, for tracking of CE, OAR is requiring all attendees to have their video on during the course. You can use your phone, built-in webcam, or external webcam. For webcam support, please contact the tech support hotline at 888-804-8226.
At Home With Diversity is an educational experience designed to present a picture of the changing face of the real estate industry. More importantly, the class teaches how real estate professionals can increase their sensitivity and adaptability to future market trends. Additionally, you will learn to thrive as an effective service provider and community leader. The course addresses issues of diversity, fair housing, and cultural differences. All three subjects are closely related and have value for real estate professionals who must serve diverse local markets.
Upon completion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Access and analyze U.S. demographic information to understand the impact of current trends on the real estate industry.
- Examine cultural stereotypes, assumptions, and biases to increase awareness of such thoughts and attitudes, and learn how to value individual differences.
- Explain how inclusion is the aim of diversity sensitivity, and how it will increase business and enhance risk management.
- Communicate more effectively, and provide equal service to clients in their multicultural local markets.
- Apply and practice the One America Principles and fair housing laws.
- Build and expand the understanding of cultural differences.
- Develop professional and sensitive guidelines for working with people of different cultures.
- Identify personal objectives and review potential strategies to create business plans that include diversity.
6 CE hrs in Real estate consumer protection