All About ADUs (Presented by Earth Advantage)
This class is being put on by Earth Advantage. If you have any questions about this course, please contact the EA Education Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 968-7160 x60.
Join Earth Advantage for two 2-hour webinars intended for professionals looking to increase their knowledge about Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) development in order to respond to increasing client demand for properties with ADU potential.
Increasing rates of prospective home buyers and homeowners are interested in building an ADU on their property, and professionals can be on the cutting edge of this emerging development trend to help homeowners/developers understand site eligibility, development process and costs, and the return on investment of ADUs. This course is intended to help real estate and building professionals understand the basic planning and building regulations for ADU development in Portland and provide some insight on ADU regulations in the broader Portland Metro area.
- Understand what makes a property ADU-ready/eligible
- Learn what is involved in the process of getting approved to build an ADU
- Analyze taxation, valuation and financing options for ADUs
- Understand the ADU design, permitting, and building process (attached, detached, and garage conversion)
- Gain access to resources to help your clients plan for their ADU (including a budget sample, contract types, development rebate programs, and more)
- Gain insight on ADU regulations in the broader Portland Metro area
- Get answers to your ADU-specific questions
Wednesday & Friday, Oct 21 & 23, 2020
9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
4.0 Oregon continuing education credit hours