Join us at PMAR educational events and other opportunities to educate yourself on the latest industry trends and learn tips to help your business. Reservations are required for all events. See the details of each event for registration and continuing education information.
PMAR Forum: Financial Exploitation of Seniors and Adults with Disabilities
June 29, 2017 9:00 a.m. - Noon
Oregon State Bar, 16037 SW Upper Boones Ferry Rd., Tigard
Did you know 34% of elder abuse in Oregon is identified as financial exploitation?
Join PMAR for this informative forum and learn:
- The level of financial exploitation faced by seniors and adults with disabilities
- The growing number of seniors and adults with disabilities participating in real estate transactions in the region
- What to do when financial exploitation is expected
- What a Power of Attorney does and does not provide
- Where to access local resources to help clients experiencing suspected financial exploitation
3 hours Oregon Real Estate CE will be issued.
$20 HOWNW.com™ Certified Specialists (HCS designation)
$30 PMAR Members
$50 Non-Members and Attorneys (2 hours OR State Bar CE will be issued)
Click here to register.
Lane Mueller, Esquire
Jessica Lautz, NAR Director of Survey Research and Communications
– Providing homebuyer and homeseller demographics, specifically related to senior clients and adults with disabilities.
Dan Norris, Assistant Attorney General Oregon
– Providing Oregon and local elder abuse statistical data as it pertains to financial exploitation.
Alan Brickley, Retired Counsel, First American Title Company
– Addressing financial exploitation awareness for the protection of Realtors® and their clients during real estate transactions.
ePro Certification Program Bundle
June Special – 25% Off!
NAR’s e-PRO® certification helps real estate professionals make technology an invaluable business tool. This program provides a roadmap for expanding your business online and serving the hyper-connected consumers of today and tomorrow. It will show you how to manage your online reputation, generate leads, and expand your reach.
Day 1 will show you how to meet the challenge of being found online and how to create traffic for your web presence. It teaches high-level digital marketing theory, with practical suggestions for consistent implementation. Learners examine the life cycle of a lead, from capturing prospects online through to lead nurturance and management using a contact or customer relationship system. The outcome of applying these methodologies is a strong web presence and a healthy business development funnel.
Day 2 addresses new and emerging digital formats and software (photo, video, and audio) that support online marketing and client communication. How to operate a virtual office using cloud computing tools (many which are available for free or at minimal cost) is also thoroughly covered. Successful use of social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and others, is addressed in a hands-on manner.
After completing the e-PRO® curriculum, the learner will be able to develop a comprehensive ongoing digital marketing plan to help attain business and professional goals. Additionally, learners with thoroughly understand how to uphold the NAR’s REALTOR® Code of Ethics in all of their digital marketing efforts.
Click Here to Learn More.
CIPS Designcation and AHWD Certification
Certified International Property Specialist Designation & At Home With Diversity Certification
5 Day Education Series
9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. | CCAR Conference Room, 1514 Broadway St., Vancouver, WA 98663
September 8th: Global Real Estate Local Market
September 15th: Global Real Estate Transaction Tool
October 20th: Americas and International Real Estate
October 27th: Asia/Pacific and International Real Estate
November 9th: At Home with Diversity Certification
Global real estate opportunities are everywhere. People move to the U.S. from other countries every day and foreign-born individuals residing in the U.S. move to new markets. Americans in your current market may look to invest in property overseas. No matter which audience you cater to, the CIPS designation will provide you with the knowledge, research, network and tools to globalize and expand your business.
Series Cost: $500 before August 1st, 2017
$550 after August 1st
Single Class Cost: $150
Full Course Series (5 days): 37.5 CE hours
Single Day: 7.5 CE hours
Click here for complete details and to register.
Presented by Clark County Association of Realtors®.
Accredited Buyer’s Representative Designation Course
The Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) Designation Course establishes a foundation of training, skills, and resources to help you succeed as a buyer’s representative.
January 5, 2015 – January 5, 2020
NAR Designations allow you to: add prestige to enhance your professional image, gain new expertise, acquire specialized knowledge, increase your value, marketability, proficiency and productivity.
Click here for details.
Home Sweet (Second) Home: Vacation, Investment, Luxury Properties
This core course focuses on the knowledge and skill base that real estate professionals need to specialize in buying, selling, or managing second homes in a resort, recreational, and/or vacation destination and properties for investment, development, or retirement.
In addition to completing the core course, students are required to take three of the five listed free webinars and submit an application with a one-time fee of $194.50.
Visit wvww.realtor.org to access the webinars once you have completed the core course.
- Resort and Second-Home Tax Laws
- Disaster Prevention and Recovery
- Publicity that Works for You
- Making the Most of Your Networking
- Working with International Buyers
- Flood Insurance: Our Latest Challenge
Duration: 6.00 Hour(s) SKU: RSPSHtml
Provider: National Association of REALTORS®
For more information, click here.
Military Relocation Professional Certification
When military staff and their families relocate, the services of a real estate professional who understands their needs and timetables makes the transfer easier, faster, and less stressful. This certification focuses on educating real estate professionals about working with current and former military service members to find the housing solutions that best suit their needs and take full advantage of military benefits and support.
NAR Online Code of Ethics Training
January 1, 2017 – December 31, 2018
Realtors® are required by the National Association of Realtors® to take two and a half hours of ethics training every two years. The current training cycle ends on December 31, 2018. Members may fulfill this ethics training through this NAR online course.
Realtors Property Resource® (RPR) Training
Realtors Property Resource® (RPR®) delivers on-the-go access to an all-encompassing real estate platform, available exclusively to REALTORS®, and offered at no additional cost. Easily accessed through desktop, iOS and Android devices.
View RPR training opportunities here.
Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES®)
Baby Boomers represent the largest and wealthiest group of buyers and sellers in the country. Understand what motivates this growing market and how to address their needs with the prestigious SRES® (Seniors Real Estate Specialist®) designation.
This two-day training program offers real estate agents the unique opportunity to learn and build key skills in counseling adults age 50+ through selling their family home, buying rental property, moving to a senior community, among many other issues. Seniors Real Estate Specialists® learn how to:
- Identify the power of generational demographics
- Develop and maintain relationship marketing skills
- Counsel rather than sell to the 50+ market
- Distinguish the key differences in housing options
- Understand the implications of tax laws, probate and estate planning
SRES® Member Benefits:
- Customizable Marketing Tools
- SRES® Consumer Web Site (www.sres.org)
- Monthly Consumer Newsletter
- Moving On Booklet
- SRES® Business Partners
- Personalized Profile at www.SeniorsRealEstate.com.
- Monthly Free Webinars
- Online SRES® Community
- Referral network of 13,000 members in the U.S. and Canada
SRES® Designation Requirements:
- Successful completion of two-day SRES® Designation Course
- Membership in good standing of the SRES Council. The first year of membership is FREE to students who enroll in this course. Annual dues are $99 each year thereafter.
- Membership in good standing in the National Association of REALTORS® or an NAR cooperating association, including the Canadian Real Estate Association.
Bonus! The SRES® designation course counts as elective credit for the ABR® and CRS designations. It also counts as elective credit for the RSPS certification.
For more information, click here.
Duration: 12.00 Hour(s)
Provider: SRES Council (SRES)